Leaders Under 40 (LU40) is a leadership development program that convenes and supports a diverse, cross-sector group of emerging community leaders to:
- Build connections across difference,
- Learn about their own leadership styles,
- Explore more intentionally issues of inclusion and equity,
- Become more aware of and educated about the community and community issues and
- Connect with established leaders in Charlotte-Mecklenburg.
LU40 is founded on the premise that we live in a community that has been shaped by decisions made by leaders in years, decades, or even centuries past. Today, we have both the opportunity and responsibility to participate knowledgeably and actively in decisions being made that will impact our community in the present and for years to come. CBI believes today’s young leaders have a vested interest in assuring our community is both inclusive and equitable, and in advocating for change in both their personal and professional lives.