Supporting & Engaging Civic Leaders
As part of its commitment to support and strengthen leadership for inclusion and equity in Charlotte-Mecklenburg, CBI sponsors a Leaders Lunch Series, which brings together leaders from CBI's institutional and organizational partners for quarterly luncheons focused on providing both information and opportunities for personal interaction.
Launched by CBI in March 2001, the PURPOSE of Leaders Lunch is to:
- Connect with one another as leaders in achieving inclusion and equity in Charlotte-Mecklenburg
- Increase understanding of what is taking place in our community and the challenges facing leaders
- Provide leaders with an opportunity for education, reflection and connection
- Identify collective and personal opportunities for moving forward as appropriate
for Leaders Lunch is a simple one. It typically includes:
- A Presentation of data and/or information
- Small group conversations to link data to personal experiences and challenges faced by individual leaders
- Large group discussion to highlight and build on themes generated during small group conversations
WHO PARTICIPATES IN LEADERS LUNCH?
Leaders from the public, non-profit and for- profit sectors as well as the faith community and media are invited to attend Leaders Lunch gatherings and events.